Organic Filtration - Olive oil & Wine
JRS Organic filter aids are the high performance and economical alternatives to diatomaceous earth and perlite.They can be used in all conventional precoat filter systems without a problem. The variety of JRS products especially developed for this application area guarantees an effective and economical solution for practically every filtration job.
Advantages of cellulose in oil filtration
- Light-weight material resulting in lower specific consumption (up to 70% less compared to diatomite).
- Less waste and oil loss thanks to lower filter aid consumption.
- Promotes longer filter aids cycles and higher flow (often 2 times longer)
- Non-toxic: cellulose is 100% organic and absolutely non-toxic.
- Biodegradable: as an organic material, powdered cellulose decomposes naturally.
- Disposal: spent filter cake can be added to compost as fertilizer or incinerated. Cellulose is also approved for use in animal feed.
- Improved filtration: cellulose is composed of fibers material and will weave over small ruptures in filter elements or broken seals.
- Non abrasive : as a soft, pure cellulose product, cellulose is easy on the filtration equipment , especially valves, pumps, impellers etc
- Mixes easily, precoats rapidly, and cleans readily.
- Less oil loss: lower filter aid consumption (up to 70% less compared to diatomite) and more efficient filtration goes along with less oil loss.
Advanatges of cellulose in wine filtration
- Lower specific consumption (up to 70% compared to diatomite)
- Higher flow, longer filters cycles.
- No silicate, crystalline components, non-toxic. No personal protection equipment or special storage/handling is required.
- Less waste thanks to lower consumption.
- Disposal: Cellulose is biodegradable. Used filter cakes can be added to compost/fertilizer or safely put into the municipal canalization system.
- Stable cake formation: Fibers precoats resist pressure surges and interruptions; prevent filter aid bleed-through and mechanical leaks.
- Soft, non-abrasive: there is much less wear to equipment, so components last longer. (pumps, valves, filter cloths etc)
- No sedimentation: thanks to lower density, fibers are easily held in suspension and are less likely to sink.
- Pressing aids: Higher yield, shorter pressing cycle and better must quality (lower protein content)!